Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I give? Is there a minimum?
All donations of any size are welcome and appreciated.
Are you able to designate a gift to a specific purpose?
Many gifts can be designated. Please contact the Development department at 303-331-7014 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your desired purpose.
When do I receive my tax receipt?
Tax receipts or Donor Acknowledgement Letters are usually mailed within 10–14 business days.
I have lost my donor acknowledgement letter with my contribution information and need it for my taxes
Please contact the Development team at 303-292-6500 or email@example.com and we will send a copy of your Donor Acknowledgement Letter to you.
How am I acknowledged for my giving?
Donors of $100 or more are recognized in the summer Festival program and often in other periodicals Central City Opera produces. Donor Acknowledgement Letters are issued for all eligible donations.
I gave a gift last year. Why wasn't it in the Summer Festival Program?
Due to printing deadlines and schedules, the summer Festival program recognizes gifts of $100 or more that are received between May 1st of the prior year and April 30th of the current year.
How do I give a gift of appreciated stock?
Electronic transfer is the most secure and expedient delivery process available for making your gift of Appreciated Securities. Contact Development Administrative Coordinator Elisabeth Boyce at 303-292-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for transfer instructions.
How do I make a planned gift from my estate?
There are a variety of ways to make planned gifts, often with significant tax advantages to you and your family. It is recommended that you discuss this with your accountant and/or financial advisor. Legacy gifts to Central City Opera are recognized through the Yellow Rose Society. For more information on planned giving or to inform Central City Opera of your estate plans, please contact Director of Katie Nicholson at email@example.com or 303-292-6500.
Federal Tax Information
Central City Opera House Association is a public charity exempt from income, gift and estate taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. CCO’s federal tax identification number is 84-6002285.
2020 Tax information
To receive a 2020 tax receipt for your year-end gift to Central City Opera, please be advised of the following deadlines:
GIFTS BY U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
- All gifts sent via U.S. Postal Service must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service no later than December 31, 2020.
CREDIT CARD GIFTS ONLINE
- Online credit card gifts must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, December 31, for 2020 tax credit. IRS regulations mark the official date of your gift as the date the transaction is completed. Credit card gifts received after 11:59:59 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, December 31, cannot be credited to the 2020 tax year.
- Visit our donation page to make an online gift.
CREDIT CARD GIFTS BY PHONE
- Credit card gifts must be received by phone no later than 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, 2020. This allows Central City Opera to process the gift and charge the credit card before our office closes at 5:00 p.m.
- To make a gift over the phone, call 303-292-6500.
GIFTS OF SECURITIES
- Receipts for gifts of securities reflect the date the securities are received in our brokerage account. The deadline for receipt of 2019 gifts of securities is December 31, 2020. Please be sure to allow enough time for securities to be transferred.
- If you have not previously made a gift of securities, please contact Development Administrative Coordinator Elisabeth Boyce at 303-292-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to initiate a transfer.