Due to the nature of our historic building, all wheelchair accessibility seating is located on the first floor, which can be accessed through our enchanting garden entrance located on the uphill side of the Opera House. Please call the Box Office to reserve your seats at 303-292-6700. Stairs are required to access any seat from Row J or higher. [View the seating chart.]
Assisted listening devices are also available on request.
Only subscribers can exchange their tickets; all other sales are considered final – no exchanges, no refunds*. No charge will be incurred if subscribers exchange prior to 24 hours before the scheduled performance. All exchanges are subject to availability.
Unless the performance is canceled, no refunds are given for any reason, including but not limited to supertitle malfunction, weather conditions, and change of cast or orchestra.
If you lose or forget your tickets before the performance, contact the Denver box office. On the day of a performance, please go directly to the box office in Central City for replacement issuance.
All performances start promptly at the advertised time. Latecomers and those who exit during the performance can view the opera via closed circuit television at the Teller House. You may be re-seated in the Opera House at intermission.
We understand that due to many extenuating circumstances, patrons sometimes are unable to make it in time for our scheduled curtain and do our best to hold the curtain as long as possible. Unfortunately, as a non-profit arts organization, we must weigh various factors in regards to how long we can hold the start of a performance. These factors include substantial overtime costs incurred from our artists if the show should go over in length. Due to the historic nature of our building, it is difficult to allow late seating without interruption for a majority of our audience members. If there is a pause, we will attempt to seat latecomers as soon as possible. In the meantime, we do offer a live television stream of the performance in our Terrace Room for patrons to watch until seating is again appropriate, which may not be until after the first intermission. In order to inform our patrons ahead of time of potential delays, we have a link to the Colorado Department of Transportation on our website and also send this link via e-mail to keep patrons apprised of any construction or other issues in the area. Unfortunately, the I-70 corridor is increasingly busy during the summer weekends. Alternate routes may be advised.
All single tickets will be charged a $7 per ticket handling fee.
House right and left seats in the balcony and rear orchestra are divided by even (right side) and odd (left side) numbers. Tickets in all other sections are consecutive numbers in the 100’s. No pagers, cellular phones, cameras, recording devices, animals, food or drink are allowed in the opera house. Casting, orchestra, and staging are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to refuse admission with the refund of ticket price for any reason.
Group Ticket Policies
Contract & Payment Guidelines
- The box office will provide the best seating allocations in the corresponding price level available at the time of order. Any special seating requests should be addressed at this time.
- A contract will be issued upon order placement. A signed copy of the contract must be received along with a 20% deposit within two weeks of placing your order. Full payment is accepted at time of order also.
- Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- If paying a deposit of 20%, full payment is due no later one month prior to the date you are attending.
- Failure to submit deposits or final payment by the due date will result in releasing the hold on your seats and/or the loss of the deposit.
- Tickets will be mailed to the address on file upon receipt of full payment.
- Group prices include applicable discounts when available, and a $15.00 handling fee.
- Due to the nature of theatrical bookings, prices, performances, artists and times are subject to changes or cancellation without notice.
Reducing & Adding Seats
- Prior to final payment, a group may reduce the number of seats as long as the number stays above the group minimum of 10 tickets. A group may add additional seats depending on availability. An additional deposit may be required.
- Once final payment has been made, no refunds, exchanges, or cancellations can be made.
- If cancellation is necessary before a deposit has been paid, there will be no charge. If a group should fall below the minimum group number for a particular show, the discount no longer applies and full price for tickets will be charged.
- Payments may be made by cash, check, or charge (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
- Checks payable to “CCOHA” (Central City Opera House Association)
- Payments via Phone: Box Office at 303-292-6700
- Payments mailed to: Central City Opera Box Office, 4875 Ward Road, Suite 100, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- Payment in person at the above address, Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm.
Arrival & Parking
- If coming by car, ample complementary parking is available in nearby parking lots surrounding the Opera House. Parking is available in the Teller Lot (right next to the Opera House) for $16 per car and must be purchased through the Box Office at least 24 hours prior to your performance.
- Buses can drop passengers off in front of the Opera House. Bus parking is available at the city lot by the RV park.
- The Box Office opens two hours prior to curtain.
- The House opens 30 minute prior to curtain.
- Group leaders are solely responsible for tickets and their distribution.