Become A Subscriber
A Message for our 2020 Subscribers about the 2021 Festival
As you know, due to COVID-19, Central City Opera postponed our 2020 Festival to 2021. We had hoped it would be safe to return to the Opera House and resume normal operations by now, but unfortunately, our world is still navigating this tragic pandemic. We knew this might be a possibility, so we have been hard at work reconfiguring this season in order to produce our Festival. Our top priority is the health and safety of our patrons, performers and company members, and that will remain at the forefront of all our decisions. With that said, we determined it was necessary to secure an outdoor venue in order to return to live, in-person performances this summer.
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Hudson Gardens to host our 2021 Festival in their beautiful outdoor amphitheater. The venue, located just outside of Denver in Littleton, is convenient and accessible with lots of parking. The space will easily accommodate social/physical distancing for our patrons and our performers.
While our mainstage productions of Carousel and Rigoletto will be open-air, socially-distanced performances at Hudson Gardens, we will still be present in Central City this summer. Our company members will reside and rehearse in Central City. We will present Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas in the Central City Opera House Gardens. Additional outdoor performances have also been planned in Central City, including the return of our popular Al Fresco concert series.
What does this mean for you?
- All of our 2020 subscribers will be contacted directly by our Box Office in the next two weeks about your ticket options for 2021.
- Many performance times have been adjusted due to the new venue. Please see your enclosed invoice for more information. Our Box Office will help you navigate your options and any adjustments you wish to make.
- Seating for Hudson Gardens has been divided into three sections. Your subscription guarantees a seat in the VIP section of the amphitheater.
- VIP Parking is available for $5. Patrons who have already purchased parking in Central City can opt in for $5 parking and a partial or full refund. All patrons who purchased 2020 A-Level subscriptions will receive complimentary parking at the VIP lot.
- Many of the Festival Extras have been canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Patrons will receive a refund for any previously purchased items. We have added four Al Fresco concerts to be performed at the Central City Opera Gardens. Subscribers have the option to purchase tickets at a discounted rate.
- Additional subscriber perks will be added, including partner benefits at Hudson Gardens. We will be in touch with more information in the coming weeks.
- Finally, past subscribers will be given priority access to renew or purchase subscriptions for the 2022 Festival at the Opera H Your seats will be held. You will be contacted in the fall for 2022 subscription options.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact our Box Office at 303-292-6700 or email@example.com.
Please note: No new subscriptions will be sold for the 2021 Festival. Subscriptions for the 2022 Festival will be available in the fall.