Festival Health and Safety Information
Central City Opera will continue to prioritize the health and safety of our patrons, artists and staff by following guidelines from the state of Colorado, the CDC and industry best practices.
Our health and safety protocols are subject to change at any time based on increased positivity rates, CDC guidelines and requirements from the State of Colorado. Exceptions may be made for special events.
- Patrons are required to wear face coverings upon entry into all Central City Opera facilities, including while seated during the performance. Face coverings should be worn properly, covering the nose and mouth, and meet Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) standards. Patrons arriving without appropriate face coverings will be provided a disposable face mask.
- We ask that patrons attending “Lunch and a Song” wear a face mask when not actively eating or drinking.
- Central City Opera encourages those who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination per CDC recommendations; however, patrons will not be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test certification.
- If Central City Opera must cancel performances due to COVID-19, patrons will have the option exchanging tickets to another date (if available), receiving a full refund or donating the value of your tickets back to Central City Opera.
- We encourage patrons to use the CDC online self-screen checker prior to their attendance. If you or someone in your group doesn’t feel well or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the previous 10 days, we ask that you stay home and we will exchange or refund your ticket.
Additional health and safety protocols include:
- Continued COVID-compliance training for Central City Opera staff.
- Hand sanitizer and face masks will be readily available.
- Additional cleaning will be conducted at all venues.
- We will work with the unions to ensure that we follow the health and safety requirements for our performers, orchestra and company members.
- We encourage patrons to use the CDC online self-screen checker below prior to their attendance. If you or someone in your group doesn’t feel well or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days, we ask that you stay home and we will exchange or refund your ticket.