Enhance your Family Matinee experience with fun pre-show activities starting at 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
11:30 am Meet at Williams Stables (on Eureka Street, across from the Teller House) – see full schedule below for various venues involved and time frame
Tickets: $10 for preshow activities. Add on the 2:30pm Nina Odescalchi Kelly Family Matinee of Madama Butterfly for $25 (tickets sold separately). Call the box office for more information, 303-292-6700.
Enhance your Family Matinee experience! With this package (just $10 more than matinee tickets), festival goers can add inside information about the opera accompanied by pre-performance family fun activities with Opera Adventures. We also invite you to bring your own lunch to picnic with us before the family matinee performance at 2:30 pm. *Prices subject to change based on availability; purchase early for the best price.
- 11:30 – 11:40 am: Join us in the Williams Stables Theater (on Eureka Street, across from the Teller House). Check in and learn a little about the history of Central City Opera.
- 11:40 am – 12:20 pm: Visit the Gilpin History Museum (228 E. High Street – a short walk from the Stables) to pan for gold, “shop” at a recreated 1860s Main Street, and discover a Mountain Submarine!
- 12:20 – 12:30 pm: Return to the Williams Stables Theater to recap your discoveries.
- 12:30 – 1:20 pm: Lunch on your own! Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy it in the Opera House Gardens or Teller House; or visit a Central City restaurant. The Face Bar (family friendly) in the Teller House will be serving lunch. Call 303-867-0664 to reserve a table.
- 1:25 – 1:55 pm: Return to the Williams Stables Theater to learn more about Madama Butterfly from Central City Opera performers.
- 2:00 pm: Convene outside on Eureka Street to watch the Central City Opera Ushers sing their famous song.
- 2:30 pm: The Nina Odescalchi Kelly Family Matinee of Madama Butterfly begins!
- Post-show: Meet the cast members on the Opera Patio just uphill from the Opera House for photos and autographs.
Learn more about our production of Madama Butterfly by visiting the production webpage.
This event is sponsored by the Central City Opera Guild.