Central City Opera offers resource materials for teachers, students and opera goers. Teacher/student resource guides connect performances to classroom curriculum and learning goals for K-12 students. Study materials and activities may also be used by families or adults who wish to learn more about opera or specific productions. Please click on the appropriate items in the lists below.
Study guides and other educational resources on opera
- The 2016 Opera Insider – download the pdf or view online (features The Ballad of Baby Doe, Tosca, Later the Same Evening, and The Impresario)
- 2015 Opera Insider (pdf) (features La Traviata, Man of La Mancha, Don Quixote and the Duchess and The Prodigal Son)
- 2014 Opera Insider (pdf) (features The Marriage of Figaro, Dead Man Walking, and The Sound of Music)
- 2013 Opera Insider (pdf) (features The Barber of Seville, Our Town, and Show Boat)
- 2012 Opera Insider (pdf) (features La bohème, The Turn of the Screw, The Medium, and Oklahoma!)
- How the West Was Sung Study Guide (pdf)
- En Mis Palabras – English Study Guide (pdf)
- En Mis Palabras – Spanish Study Guide (pdf)
- Mozart & Co. Study Guide (pdf)
2015-2016 SCC Directory of Educational Activities for Teachers and Schools
A list of field trips, workshops, performances, and tours offered by the organizations of the SCC (including Central City Opera) can be viewed in the 2015-2016 SCC Directory of Educational Activities for Teachers and Schools (pdf). Note, this will take you to the SCC website.
The Resource Center is under construction. Please check back soon for additional items!