Leave the driving to us and enjoy this exclusive behind-the-scenes opportunity, designed with 50+ audience members in mind.
2015 Boomer Bus Details
Bus departs at the following times (NOTE – these are earlier than the regular Opera Bus pickup times):
- 10:00 am from Sports Authority in Glendale
- 10:30 am from Simms Steakhouse in Lakewood/Golden
A full schedule of the day and exact pickup locations can be found lower on the page.
Ticket Packages $95 per person/$180 per couple. [BUY ONLINE]
Board the Boomer Bus for an inside experience of Central City Opera and its historic mining town location, designed with 50+ audience members in mind. Enjoy a live history presentation (and a glass of champagne, along with water ) during the ride to Central City, catered lunch, an exclusive behind-the-scenes experience, a one ticket each to Short Works at 1:15 pm and C-section seating for the main stage performance of either La Traviata or Man of La Mancha at 2:30 pm (all included in the package ticket price – see event schedule below). The entertaining bus ride returning to Denver will include the opportunity for a talkback session with a member of our Education and Community Engagement team. Bonus: you’ll receive a goody bag that includes a coupon to the Central City Opera Boutique as well as a promotional code for discounted tickets to another 2015-2016 CCO production, too!
- 10:00 am – Bus departs from Sports Authority in Glendale/Southeast Denver [370 S Colorado Blvd]; bus meets at the back of the lot
- 10:30 am – Bus departs from Simms Steakhouse in Lakewood/Golden [11911 W 6th Ave]; bus meets on the lower parking lot level
- While on bus: Deb Morrow, Dir. of Education & Community Engagement, will give a talk on the Powerful Women of Central City Opera (7/19 and 8/2) or the history of Central City (7/25). Champagne and water will be served.
- Approx. 11:30 am – Bus arrives in Central City
- July 19 and August 2 – Activities in the Teller House, including box lunches as well as a behind-the-scenes opportunity
- July 25 – Walk to Gilpin History Museum, where self-guided tours (admission included in Boomer Bus package) are available along with box lunches in the museum’s yard until approximately 12:45 p.m, at which point you will make your way down to the Williams Stables. [The Boomer Bus activities in Central City on July 25th involve extensive walking, including staircases. Alternate activities are available for those patrons with mobility concerns. Please call the Box Office at 303-292-6700 for more information and to make arrangements if you have not already been contacted.]
- 1:15 pm – Attend Short Works performance in Williams Stables.
- 2:30 pm – Attend performance of La Traviata (7/19, 8/2) or Man of La Mancha (7/25) in the Opera House.
- Approximately 5:15 pm – Bus will depart from Central City; during, Education & Community Engagement staff will host a post-show discussion regarding the production.