Dream Events are Part of the April 5th Theatre of Dreams Gala
Denver, Colo. (March 10, 2014) — Central City Opera (CCO) announces a unique online opportunity to support the company’s opera and musical theater productions and year-round programs. Tickets to ten exclusive Dream Events will be available for purchase atwww.CentralCityOperaGala.com beginning Thursday, March 13.
Dream Events include behind-the-scenes access to the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens and the soon-to-be-unveiled Crawford Hotel at Denver’s historic Union Station. Private curated art tours and lectures at the Denver Art Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art will also be featured. Three elegant dining experiences paired with musical performances will headline local artist Zach Heckendorf and three CCO Summer Festivalproductions. An inside look into Colorado’s burgeoning marijuana industry will be available with the “Ganjapreneurs” event. Prices range from $100 to $1,000 for Dream Events.
To purchase a ticket to one or more of the events, visit the www.CentralCityOperaGala.com website and fill out the online form. Spots are limited for each event and sales will take place until all tickets are sold.
“We’re thrilled to offer these amazing adventures,” says Theatre of Dreams Gala Chair Anne McGonagle. “They have been generously donated by individuals and businesses in the Denver community who value our efforts to sustain the creative and enriching mission of Central City Opera.”
The following is a full list of the ten Dream Events:
- Twilight and Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Denver Art Museum Curated Tour followed by Reception at the Martin Museum Residence
- Private Evening with Adam Lerner at the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Expanding Frontiers: VIP Reception and Tour of Union Station and The Crawford Hotel
- Ganjapreneurs: A Unique and Educational Look Inside the Marijuana Industry
- The Marriage of Figaro and a Private Dinner in Central City Plus Behind-the-Scenes Access
- Dead Man Walking Following an Elegant Al Fresco Dinner in Central City
- The Sound of Music with a Sneak Peek Inside the Ellie Caulkins Opera House
- Tequila Sunset Concert with Zach Heckendorf and Gourmet Barbeque Supper in Cherry Hills Village
- Stranahan’s Whiskey: Exclusive Taste of Colorado’s Most Precious Gold
The Central City Opera Theatre of Dreams Gala event begins at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 5 at the newly renovated McNichols Civic Center Building located at 144 West Colfax in Denver. The evening includes a cocktail reception & seated dinner with musical guestFORTE, a multicultural tenor trio whose performances on NBC’s 2013 America’s Got Talentcaptivated millions and launched the group into the national spotlight. Proceeds from the Gala support Central City Opera’s productions and year-round programs. For more information or to purchase Gala tickets, visit www.CentralCityOperaGala.com.
Celebrating its 82nd year in 2014, Central City Opera is the nation’s fifth-oldest opera company, located just 35 miles west of Denver in one of Colorado’s official National Landmark Historic Districts. The company continues to present artistically excellent professional opera in its annual summer festival; to offer career-entry training to young singers; to produce education and community engagement programs; and to preserve and maintain the Opera House and 30 other Victorian-era properties.