Central City Opera Guild
The Central City Opera is the fifth oldest opera company in the United States. Since 1932, it has presented opera and theater productions in its magnificently restored 1878 Opera House. The Central City Opera Guild was established in 1974 and assists the Central City Opera with historic preservation and restoration projects, community education, cultural and social events and various fundraising campaigns throughout the year.
- Education with a special focus on youth
- Apprentice Artist support
- Historic Preservation and maintenance of 30 + Association-owned properties in Central City
- Audience Development
- Fundraising including the annual L’Esprit de Noël Home Tour.
Membership Levels & Benefits
Chorus (Individual – $40, Couple/Family – $70; Junior* – $30, Junior* Couple/Family – $50)
- 15% discount on individual opera tickets
- Central City Opera Association and Guild newsletters and emails
- Invitations to Association and Guild social events
- Children’s events both in Denver and at the Opera House in Central City
- Entertaining evening previews of the season’s operas accompanied by cocktails and dinner; opportunities to meet artists informally through Guild activities such as “Greet-a-Singer” and “Take a Child to the Opera Day;” the chance to make friends with other patrons of Central City Opera at CCO events, including the Presentation of Flower Girls and the Theatre of Dreams Gala, and numerous Guild social events such as the preview party for “L’Esprit.”
Principal (Individual – $80, Couple/Family – $100; Junior* $60, Junior* Couple/Family – $90)
- All benefits above plus free admission to Gilpin History Museum
Diva/Divo (Individual – $150, Couple/Family – $225; Junior* – $120, Junior* Couple/Family – $200)
- All benefits above plus access to the Terrace Room VIP Lounge during the opera season, listing in Summer Program
*Junior levels – for those who are 21 to 39 years old
Check out our Events page to find out information about upcoming performances.