Enhance your Family Matinee experience with fun pre-show activities starting at 11:30 a.m.
Save the date for August 2, 2016 at 11:30 am. Information below is from 2015 for reference, but has not been updated yet.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
11:30 am Meet at Williams Stables (on Eureka Street, across from the Teller House) – see full schedule below for various venues involved and time frame
$25 child/$35 adult*; ticket includes preshow activities and the 2:30pm Nina Odescalchi Kelly Family Matinee of La Traviata
BUY ONLINE (Choose from select Rear Orchestra or Balcony seats) or call 303-292-6700.
Enhance your Family Matinee experience! With this package (just $10 more than matinee tickets), festival goers can add inside information about the opera accompanied by pre-performance family fun activities, including interactive opera games with Take a Child to the Opera. We also invite you to bring your own lunch to picnic with us before the family matinee performance at 2:30 pm. If you’ve already purchased your family matinee tickets, purchase the $10 upgrade to the Take a Child option here. *Prices subject to change based on availability; purchase early for the best price.
- 11:30 – 11:45 am: Meet at the Williams Stables (on Eureka Street, across from the Teller House) for theatre games and activities.
- 11:45 am: Walk to the Gilpin History Museum (228 High Street)
- Noon – 1:00 pm: Spend time in the Gilpin History Museum (admission is included) learning about Central City’s rich history. Lunch on your own! Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy it at the Museum or in the Opera House Gardens; or visit a Central City restaurant.
- 1:15 – 1:55 pm: Join us back in the Williams Stables Theatre for pre-show activities involving La Traviata.
- 2:00 pm: Convene outside on Eureka Street to watch the Central City Opera Ushers sing their famous song.
- 2:30 pm: The Nina Odescalchi Kelly Family Matinee of La Traviata begins!
- Post-show: Meet the cast members on the Opera Patio just uphill from the Opera House for photos and autographs.
Learn more about our production of La Traviata by visiting the production webpage or checking out the Opera Insider Festival Resource Guide featuring history on the productions and what inspired the composers and librettists to write them, interviews with the artists, conversation-starting questions and activities!
This event is sponsored by the Central City Opera Guild.