Enhance your Family Matinee experience with fun pre-show activities starting at 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
11:30 am Meet at Williams Stables (on Eureka Street, across from the Teller House) – see full schedule below for various venues involved and time frame
Tickets: $30. Includes preshow activities and the 2:30pm Nina Odescalchi Kelly Family Matinee of The Ballad of Baby Doe
BUY ONLINE (Choose from select Rear Orchestra or Balcony seats) or call 303-292-6700.
Enhance your Family Matinee experience! With this package (just $10 more than matinee tickets), festival goers can add inside information about the opera accompanied by pre-performance family fun activities, including a Central City-themed scavenger hunt, with Take a Child to the Opera. We also invite you to bring your own lunch to picnic with us before the family matinee performance at 2:30 pm. *Prices subject to change based on availability; purchase early for the best price.
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Meet at the Williams Stables (on Eureka Street, across from the Teller House) for theatre games and activities.
- Noon – 1:00 pm: Explore Central City and learn insider details during the Central City Opera Scavenger Hunt. After your search, have lunch on your own! Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy it in the Opera House Gardens. You can also visit a Central City restaurant.
- 1:15 – 1:55 pm: Join us back at the Williams Stables Theatre for pre-show activities involving The Ballad of Baby Doe.
- 2:00 pm: Convene outside on Eureka Street to watch the Central City Opera Ushers sing their famous song.
- 2:30 pm: The Nina Odescalchi Kelly Family Matinee of The Ballad of Baby Doe begins!
- Post-show: Meet the cast members on the Opera Patio just uphill from the Opera House for photos and autographs.
Learn more about our production of The Ballad of Baby Doe by visiting the production webpage or checking out the Opera Insider Festival Resource Guide featuring history on the productions and what inspired the composers and librettists to write them, interviews with the artists, conversation-starting questions and activities!
This event is sponsored by the Central City Opera Guild.