Leave the driving to us and enjoy this exclusive behind-the-scenes opportunity!
2017 Boomer Bus Details
Bus departs at the following times:
- 10:00 am from Sports Authority in Glendale/Southeast Denver [370 S Colorado Blvd]; bus meets at the back of the lot
- 10:45 am from Simms Steakhouse in Lakewood [11911 W 6th Ave]; bus meets in the lot closest to 6th Avenue
A full schedule of the day and exact pickup locations can be found lower on the page.
Tickets $35 per person (does not include performance ticket)
Board the Boomer Bus for an inside experience of Central City Opera and its historic mining town location. Enjoy a live history presentation (and a glass of champagne, along with water ) during the ride to Central City, catered lunch and an up close and personal look at Central City Opera and the City of Central. Choose your own seating (price not included) for the main stage performance of either Così fan tutte or Carmen at 2:30 pm, then add-on the Boomer Bus option. The entertaining bus ride returning to Denver will include the opportunity for a talkback session with a member of our Education and Community Engagement team.
Event Schedule (subject to change)
- 10:00 am – Bus departs from Sports Authority in Glendale/Southeast Denver [370 S Colorado Blvd]; bus meets at the back of the lot
- 10:45 am – Bus departs from Simms Steakhouse in Lakewood [11911 W 6th Ave]; bus meets in the lot closest to 6th Avenue
- While on bus: Deb Morrow, Dir. of Education & Community Engagement, will give a talk on a topic TBD; champagne and water will be served
- Approx. 11:30 am – Bus arrives in Central City; Activities TBD, including box lunches as well as an exclusive up close and personal opportunity
- 2:30 pm – Attend performance of Così fan tutte (7/23) or Carmen in the Opera House
- Post-show, time TBD depending on opera – Bus will depart from Central City soon after the opera finishes; during the ride, Education & Community Engagement staff will host a post-show discussion regarding the production
This event is generously underwritten by the City of Central.