Leave the driving to us and enjoy this exclusive behind-the-scenes opportunity, designed with 50+ audience members in mind.
2016 Boomer Bus Details
Bus departs at the following times:
- 10:00 am from Sports Authority in Glendale/Southeast Denver [370 S Colorado Blvd]; bus meets at the back of the lot
- 10:45 am from Simms Steakhouse in Lakewood [1911 W 6th Ave]; bus meets in the lot closest to 6th Avenue
A full schedule of the day and exact pickup locations can be found lower on the page.
Tickets $35 per person (does not include performance ticket)
Board the Boomer Bus for an inside experience of Central City Opera and its historic mining town location, designed with 50+ audience members in mind. Enjoy a live history presentation (and a glass of champagne, along with water ) during the ride to Central City, catered lunch and an up close and personal look at Central City Opera and the City of Central. Choose your own seating (price not included) for the main stage performance of either The Ballad of Baby Doe or Tosca at 2:30 pm, then add-on the Boomer Bus option. The entertaining bus ride returning to Denver will include the opportunity for a talkback session with a member of our Education and Community Engagement team. Bonus: you’ll receive a coupon to the Central City Opera Boutique as well as a promotional code for discounted tickets to another 2016-2017 CCO production, too!
Event Schedule (subject to change)
- 10:00 am – Bus departs from Sports Authority in Glendale/Southeast Denver [370 S Colorado Blvd]; bus meets at the back of the lot
- 10:45 am – Bus departs from Simms Steakhouse in Lakewood [1911 W 6th Ave]; bus meets in the lot closest to 6th Avenue
- While on bus: Deb Morrow, Dir. of Education & Community Engagement, will give a talk on a topic TBD; champagne and water will be served
- Approx. 11:30 am – Bus arrives in Central City; Activities TBD, including box lunches as well as an exclusive up close and personal opportunity
- 2:30 pm – Attend performance of The Ballad of Baby Doe (7/19, 7/26) or Tosca in the Opera House; Boomer Bus patrons will have special VIP Entry through a separate door
- Post-show, time TBD depending on opera – Bus will depart from Central City soon after the opera finishes; during the ride, Education & Community Engagement staff will host a post-show discussion regarding the production
This event is generously underwritten by the City of Central.